In the last decade, marketers have embraced the value of creating and distributing content to different audiences asa means of driving engagement, building authority in an industry, and guiding consumers through the purchasing process. Whether it be through blog posts, case studies, or ebooks, content marketing is now a core part of most modern digital strategies.
Advancements in subdivisions of AI, like natural language processing, have fostered the creation of a range of AI-powered content tools. For marketers, AI presents a new opportunity to accelerate and optimize the creation of written content.
AI tools can transform the entire production process to help marketing teams make data-driven decisions about what to write, who to write for, and how to reach readers in the most efficient way possible.
In the AI In Content Marketing report, Insider Intelligence examines the current and potential role AI can play in enhancing an organization's content marketing efforts.
We examine why content marketers struggle with planning and producing a high volume of written content and dive into how AI-based tools can enhance topic research, generate prewritten outlines, and maintain consistency across the content production process. We also discuss the issues marketers face in content performance and examine how AI tools can optimize content for search and social and personalize the content distribution process for different audiences.
The companies mentioned in this report include: Acrolinx, Atomic Reach, Automated Insights, AX Semantics, Brightedge, BuzzSumo, Concured, Curata, Frase.io, HubSpot, Keywee, MarketMuse, Narrative Science, Publishthis, Qordoba, Scoop.it, Showpad, Stackla, Uberflip, Vennli, Yello, Yseops.
Here are some key takeaways from the report:
* AI can assist with the planning stage of content production using tools that dynamically cluster relevant content topics to help marketers identify actionable opportunities.
* The tech can help marketers maintain a consistent tone and writing style, both over time and across departments.
* AI tools can help scale content production by providing machine-written outlines or content briefs to accelerate the writing process.
* These tools can also help marketers navigate changes in search engines and social media algorithms to ensure the regular creation of rankable, quality content.
* AI tools can assist marketers in aggregating, filtering, and adapting content from various third-party sources to automate quality content curation.
* AI tools can analyze large quantities of audience data to help marketers recommend content at every stage of the purchasing process.
In full, the report:
* Helps marketers evaluate if and how they should approach pursuing AI for their content marketing efforts.
* Identifies opportunities and applications for AI-based tools at each stage of the content marketing process — from production to distribution to measurement — and explains the value such tools can provide.
* Enables marketers to assess the current ecosystem of AI-based content tech vendors for each potential AI application within content marketing.