Premier Fahie said that the committee has already met to set the tone for a successful reopening of the Territory on December 1 through the Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport and December 8 through the marine approved areas.
“It is important to note that all these efforts are being guided by the updated health policies to ensure, as much as humanly possible, the safety of our residents and visitors,” he added.
The Premier gave the assurance that through this committee, visitors will be more informed and that the BVI’s health protocols will be clearer.
The BVI Reopening Steering Group is chaired by Ms. Felice Swapp. She will be supported by the following members:
• Ms. Lisa Winter – Member
• Mrs. Angelle Cameron – Member
• Permanent Secretary/Premier’s Office or designate;
• Permanent Secretary/Ministry of Health or designate;
• Chairman of the BVI Tourist Board;
• Director of Tourism;
• Managing Director of the British Virgin Islands Airport Authority or designate;
• Chief Immigration Officer or designate;
• Commissioner of Customs or designate;
• Commissioner of Police or designate;
• Chief Medical Officer;
• Managing Director and/or Deputy Director of the British Virgin Islands Ports Authority or designate;
• Director of Communications or designate; and
• Seven (7) persons to be nominated by the Premier
The Territory will open its borders to visitors on December 1 for the first time since its closure in March.
The secret to successful hiring is this: look for the people who want to change the world.