Speaking on the Thursday, October 15, 2020, edition of his show, Honestly Speaking on ZBVI 780AM and live-streamed on Facebook, Mr Skelton-Cline said, “I have not heard nor seen about any deportation of the persons who are here on work permits and who breached our laws… that sent us into a tailspin, and we cannot let that sit idly,” he said.
Mr Claude O. Skelton-Cline on he radio show had called for not only the deportation but the revocation of status and deportation for Belongers if found to be involved in the illegal activity.
Skelton-Cline had previously called for not only the deportation but the revocation of status and deportation of Belongers if found to be involved in the illegal activity.
"When these people, after they recover from this COVID, the next step is to ensure there's a plane from their place of origin and they are on that plane and they are deported back to their country of origin," he had said to government and local law enforcement on September 1, 2020.
"You cannot be allowed to have been granted Belongerships status in this country and breach our laws like this... the Belongership status must be pulled and you must be deported back to your country," he had said.
Premier and Minister of Finance, Hon Andrew A. Fahie (R1), speaking during a recent COVID-19 update, promised that persons engaging in illegal smuggling and entry would be sought after vigorously and brought to justice.
While it is unclear if those persons have been deported, Minister for Natural Resources, Labour and Immigration Honourable Vincent O. Wheatley (R9) on October 4, 2020, said the VI Government had spent at least $20,000 to deport illegal persons from the Territory in August and September.
Those were mostly persons living and working illegally in the Territory.
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.