COVID-19 deaths hit senior citizens’ homes in Grenada
The Diocese of St George’s in Grenada which is responsible for three senior citizens’ homes, Hilarion Home in Sauteurs, Hillview Home in Gouyave, and St Martins Home in Crochu, have been affected by COVID-19.
It is so dire that an appeal has been made for persons who are available to provide care to come forward to bolster the staff shortages being faced.
In a statement Roman Catholic Bishop Clyde Harvey provided a breakdown of the COVID-19 status at these three homes:
* As of September 14, there have been eight confirmed COVID-related deaths and two additional deaths, the cause of which cannot be confirmed at this time.
* Of the remaining 21 residents, 16 are confirmed positive for the virus.
* Six of the residents have been fully vaccinated.
* The complement of 16 staff has been reduced to six at the moment with 10 in isolation at home.
* Eight of the regular staff have tested positive.