No 10 has confirmed that Steve Barclay will be replacing Sajid Javid, becoming the new secretary of state for health and social care. And Michelle Donelan is the new secretary of education, replacing Nadhim Zahawi's old role. This as Nadhim Zahawi becomes the new chancellor.
* Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Health Secretary Sajid Javid quit Boris Johnson
's cabinet, piling pressure on the PM
* Sunak says the public expect "government to be conducted properly, competently and seriously"
* Javid tells the PM he can "no longer, in good conscience, continue serving in this government"
* Both men quit after Johnson
apologised for appointing a Tory MP to his government who had faced allegations of sexual misconduct
says he is sorry to see them go; he is now reshuffling his cabinet, with Steve Barclay said to be in line for health secretary
* Other ministers have been seen in No 10 this evening, including Education Secretary Nadhim Zahawi
* Tory party vice chairman Bim Afolami quits live on TV, but many in the cabinet express support for the PM
* Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says it's "clear the government is now collapsing" and says he would back an early election
* The PM won a vote of confidence in his leadership last month and is safe from another vote for a year unless rules are changed