Beautiful Virgin Islands

Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026

Opposition admits to having no documented plan for tourism reopening

Opposition admits to having no documented plan for tourism reopening

Although the Virgin Islands Opposition has been loud with criticisms of the Honourable Andrew A. Fahie administration regarding the tourism protocols, calling them onerous, stringent and impractical, Opposition Legislator Hon Melvin M. Turnbull (R2) has admitted that the Opposition does not have a documented plan of its own.

During an Opposition press conference, yesterday, October 28, 2020, a reporter asked, “If the opposition is called to go to the table tomorrow… Do you have a plan for the opening up of the economy for people to come in, do you have a plan ready to be presented?”

Suggestions but no documented plan – Hon Turnbull


Hon Turnbull’s response was that because he is unaware of the financial and economic standing of the country, it will be difficult to formulate the plan.

“Our plan will be, ‘see what can be done’, but the plan for opening up the economy and welcoming back tourists based on what has been proposed, is not one that we will go with,” he said.

The response by the legislator essentially says that while the VI opposition will not back the government’s current re-opening strategy, it is doing so without a solid reference in terms of an Opposition proposed plan.

“We don’t have a documented plan now, when we presented a plan in March we were told that plan was already decided on,” Hon Turnbull said.

Ahead of the response, Opposition Leader Hon Marlon A. Penn (R8) had lambasted the Fahie administration for an alleged lack of a COVID-19 plan, noting that he is yet to see Government’s plan for COVID-19 strategy and the economy.


Premier Andrew A. Fahie (R1) has continuously said that his administration’s COVID-19 plans had been one that is adaptive, changing as the virus evolves even as the country prepares to re-open to tourists on December 1, 2020.

Plans continuously being adjusted – Premier Fahie


Meanwhile, Premier and Minister of Finance, Andrew A. Fahie (R1) has continuously said his administration’s COVID-19 plans had been adaptive and ever-changing as the virus situation evolves even as the country prepares to re-open to tourists on December 1, 2020.

“Contrary to the few persons who are trying to purport that the Government has no plans, it is important to note that these plans have been in place since early March and had to be adjusted based on the fluidity of COVID-19 not only in the BVI, but throughout the world,” Hon Fahie said in a statement released on Monday, October 26, 2020.

Many are now seeing the VI Opposition as hypocritical and mischievous, to accuse the government of allegedly lacking a plan for the reopening of tourism when the Opposition themselves have failed to formulate one.

Newsletter

Related Articles

Beautiful Virgin Islands
0:00
0:00
Close
China’s Lifelike AI Humans Move From Livestreams Into Real-World Service Roles
Sarah Ferguson Reportedly Retreats to Late Ex-Boyfriend's Swiss Chalet
Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodríguez Sign Prenup Protecting Their Separate Fortunes
Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Renaissance Masterpieces From Sicilian Museum
Better.com Founder Who Fired 900 Employees on Zoom Is Ousted as CEO
Italian Speed Camera Issues Nearly 32,000 Fines in 10 Weeks, Worth More Than €3 Million
AI Manager at San Francisco Store Recommends Firing Human Employee
Google Launches Pixel 11 With Gemini AI at the Center of Its Hardware Strategy
Reform UK Unveils Plan to Cut Welfare Spending by More Than £50 Billion a Year
Prime Minister Andy Burnham Praised Extinction Rebellion for Doing a 'Great Service'
UK Wildfire Phone Alert Triggers Backlash as Users Switch Off Emergency Warnings
Heathrow Roads Reopen After Burst Water Main Floods Access to Terminals 2 and 3
Former NBA Players Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White Say They Will Enter 2027 WNBA Draft
Former Cambridge Professor Jason Arday Found Dead Days After Resigning Amid Plagiarism Row
US Appeals Court Rules AI Agent's Website Actions Are Legally Attributed to the User
France's Constitutional Council Blocks Social Media Ban for Children Under 15
Liechtenstein Changes Royal Succession Rules to Allow Women to Inherit the Throne
Women Allege Rape and Sexual Abuse at British Army College for Teenage Recruits
Minnesota: Two independent investigators posed as Muslims (one wearing a burqa) and showed how they could vote in elections without identification.
China’s Kimi Launches AI-Focused Credit Card With Agricultural Bank of China and American Express
Former Labour Adviser Arrested on Suspicion of Spying for China Held Privileged Access as Top Party Donor
Turkish Parliament Passes Landmark Bill Granting Conditional Amnesty to Disarmed PKK Members
Donald Trump Warns FIFA Against Ousting Gianni Infantino Amid Revolt by Global Football Leaders
Jeff Bezos Joins Investor Group Closing In on $6 Billion Liverpool FC Stake
UK Councils to Receive Sweeping Planning Powers to Ban New Vape and Betting Shops
Russia’s A7 Builds a State-Linked Payments Network Beyond Western Sanctions
Hyper-Realistic Reborn Dolls Draw Collectors Seeking Comfort and Craft
Gen Z Cuts Back on Dating as a Night Out Nears $200
Patients Turn to Artificial Intelligence for Therapy as Psychiatrists Warn of Privacy and Clinical Risks
Couples Embrace ‘Sleep Divorce’ to Protect Rest and Reduce Tension
Meta Ordered to Pay $567 Million and Change Facebook and Instagram Safeguards for Children
Up to only 10 Months in Prison for Swedish Officer’s Murderer Sparks Anger
Success: Nvidia Turned Gaming Chips Into the Engine of the AI Boom
Jorge Messi, Lionel Messi’s Father and Longtime Agent, Dies at 68
AI’s Next Bottleneck Is Power, Not Just Nvidia Chips
Advertising trick: Pepsi’s Harrier Jet Commercial Led to a $700,000 Court Fight
Meta Raises AI Spending Target to as Much as $145bn Despite Pressure Over Returns
Danube Drought Exposes Nazi Wrecks and Pushes Central Europe’s Power System to the Brink
Joe Biden’s Cancer Has Spread Beyond His Bones, Hunter Biden Says
Air Traffic Control Outage Grounded Flights Across the Midwest
Why 2027 Could Be a Strong Year for Stocks—and Why the Forecast Is Fragile
Why Markets May Look Quiet in August After Big Tech Earnings
Australian Crew Evacuates Seriously Ill American From Antarctica in Midwinter Darkness
Trump’s Top General Seeks an Exit Strategy From Iran War, Report Says
Brock Lesnar Retires From Wrestling, Closing a Career of Rare Athletic Range and Lasting Controversy
Trump-Era Policy Shifts Test the Boundaries of U.S. Institutions
UK Drought Cuts Harvests and Raises Food-Security Fears
UFO: Pentagon Releases Video of Unidentified Object Tracked Over Middle East
US Health Secretary: “I’m Not Afraid of Germs — I Used to Snort Cocaine Off Toilet Seats”
Ukraine Tells Senate Republicans Its Drone War Offers a Blueprint for America
×