Patient #9 recovers! 600 complete quarantine since borders reopened
Nearly 600 persons have completed the BVI’s mandatory 14-day quarantine period, including the territory’s ninth COVID-19 patient who has now fully recovered.
Health Minister Carvin Malone gave that indication recently.
He said 994 re-entry registrations have been received to date and 783 of them have been verified and cleared for processing by the Immigration Department.
“Eighty-one registrations did not meet the requirements established for individuals to re-enter the territory during Phase I of the Restricted Border Re-opening Plan,” Malone stated in a national address alongside Premier Andrew Fahie last Friday evening.
“To date, a total of 597 of these individuals have completed mandatory quarantine, including one person who had tested positive and remained in isolation until subsequent release following their recovery testing,” he added.
Malone also said with the territory now in Phase II of the Restricted Border Re-opening Plan, his ministry in conjunction with various agencies will continue to work together to properly manage the risk of imported cases.
A total of 1,757 persons have been tested for COVID-19 in the BVI so far with nine cases returning positive results.
Of those cases, eight persons have recovered while one person succumbed to the virus.