‘We matter too’
It said it is “no wonder” Scatliffe-Leonard has adopted the slogan ‘We Matter Too’.
“My message is simple, the people of the Seventh District matter too! For far too long this District has not received the attention it deserves. My focus will be to promote programs, productivity, progress, people empowerment, pride, and prosperity within a cohesive community and through a government that works in and for the best interest of the people. I believe I can inspire a unified vision of progress and prosperity within the 7th District and the Territory,” Scatliffe-Leonard stated.
She also presented a list of “changes” she wishes to inspire within the 7the District Community:
• Regular consultation with the community
• Activities and better care of our elderly and socially challenged individuals
• Youth development and mentorship programs
• Safe district initiative in partnership with Royal Virgin Islands Police Force
• Promotion of family and community activities that fosters inclusion of all persons living in the district
• Preservation and promotion of our heritage and culture
• Support and encouragement of agriculture, backyard farming, and fisherfolks
• District infrastructure enhancement, coordination of projects, and beautification
• Increase commerce opportunities, including participation in Tourism
• Promotion of private/public partnerships.
Host of the Honestly Speaking radio show Mr Claude O. Skelton-Cline had named Mrs Scatliffe-Leonard as one of several women he considered to be good political candidates worthy of consideration for the 2023 general elections in the [British] Virgin Islands.