Premier and Minister of Finance, Honourable Andrew A. Fahie has set the record straight regarding his trip to the sister island of Jost van Dyke over the weekend.
The Premier said, contrary to what is being said on social media, he made no contact with the family of the individual who has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus in St Vincent and the Grenadines.
A voice note circulating via WhatsApp alleges that the Premier either had lunch or was in contact with the family of the Vincentian national who resided on JvD and upon her return to her homeland tested for COVID-19 last week.
During the 13th Sitting of the Second Session of the Fourth House of Assembly today, July 21, 2020, Premier Fahie said: “Mr. Speaker, I went Jost van Dyke, and I hear that I was by the person where they were staying and whatever the case may be and I had lunch there. Pure untruths.”
He added: “I didn’t even eat at Jost van Dyke. I was up there for a couple hours, and I didn’t make no contact because I was so conscious of what was happening. I came back over. I went to Frenchman’s Cay.”
Everyone has the right to make his own decisions, but none has the right to force his decision on others.