Beautiful Virgin Islands

Monday, Aug 17, 2026

Road Town sewerage upgrade expected to commence in early May

Road Town sewerage upgrade expected to commence in early May

Persons traversing the Road Town area on a daily basis can expect a disruption in traffic next month as the Ministry of Works is expected to begin upgrading the sewerage system in early May.
Speaking at the Road Town Sewer Network Upgrade community meeting last night, Works Minister Kye Rymer said he anticipates the project should start in another two weeks once all the manholes covers that were ordered arrive.

He said the ministry has already procured the pipes that will be used in the project, and everything is just about ready to start.

The Road Town Sewerage upgrade comes on the heels of an upgrade to the network in Pasea two weekends ago where 800 feet of sewer lines were added. Rymer noted that the ministry will add a further 1,100 feet of sewer lines and it will start from the burial ground at Joe’s Hill and culminate at the round-a-bout in Road Town.

“We understand that development is ongoing, and we have seen the social security project on Joe’s Hill and we continue to see businesses growing in our community and our population continue to grow. We are expecting that once these projects come online, our sewerage system would be able to accommodate what is happening,” Rymer said.

“So, with this presentation done by the ministry, it would be addressing what exactly will be taking place and the timeframe and we would just like to let you the public know that there will be some disruption in the system and be mindful of what we are doing. We have collaborated with the different utility companies in the territory to ensure we have everything mapped and in place once this sewage project gets going,” the Works Minister added.

Meanwhile, project manager Bernard Grant said a lot of work has been done behind the scenes and his team in the ministry had identified the need to be proactive with the Road Town Sewer System and not reactive.

Grant said planning has been ongoing since last year.

“As was said earlier, we expect the arrival of the sewerage manholes sometime in the first week of May … We’ve estimated that if it arrives in the first week, we will begin in the second to third week we will begin construction on the ground. We are asking the public to work with us as with any development there will be some sort of inconvenience and we endeavour to minimise these inconveniences as possible and to work along with commercial and residential people,” Grant said.
Newsletter

Related Articles

Beautiful Virgin Islands
0:00
0:00
Close
China’s Lifelike AI Humans Move From Livestreams Into Real-World Service Roles
Sarah Ferguson Reportedly Retreats to Late Ex-Boyfriend's Swiss Chalet
Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodríguez Sign Prenup Protecting Their Separate Fortunes
Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Renaissance Masterpieces From Sicilian Museum
Better.com Founder Who Fired 900 Employees on Zoom Is Ousted as CEO
Italian Speed Camera Issues Nearly 32,000 Fines in 10 Weeks, Worth More Than €3 Million
AI Manager at San Francisco Store Recommends Firing Human Employee
Google Launches Pixel 11 With Gemini AI at the Center of Its Hardware Strategy
Reform UK Unveils Plan to Cut Welfare Spending by More Than £50 Billion a Year
Prime Minister Andy Burnham Praised Extinction Rebellion for Doing a 'Great Service'
UK Wildfire Phone Alert Triggers Backlash as Users Switch Off Emergency Warnings
Heathrow Roads Reopen After Burst Water Main Floods Access to Terminals 2 and 3
Former NBA Players Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White Say They Will Enter 2027 WNBA Draft
Former Cambridge Professor Jason Arday Found Dead Days After Resigning Amid Plagiarism Row
US Appeals Court Rules AI Agent's Website Actions Are Legally Attributed to the User
France's Constitutional Council Blocks Social Media Ban for Children Under 15
Liechtenstein Changes Royal Succession Rules to Allow Women to Inherit the Throne
Women Allege Rape and Sexual Abuse at British Army College for Teenage Recruits
Minnesota: Two independent investigators posed as Muslims (one wearing a burqa) and showed how they could vote in elections without identification.
China’s Kimi Launches AI-Focused Credit Card With Agricultural Bank of China and American Express
Former Labour Adviser Arrested on Suspicion of Spying for China Held Privileged Access as Top Party Donor
Turkish Parliament Passes Landmark Bill Granting Conditional Amnesty to Disarmed PKK Members
Donald Trump Warns FIFA Against Ousting Gianni Infantino Amid Revolt by Global Football Leaders
Jeff Bezos Joins Investor Group Closing In on $6 Billion Liverpool FC Stake
UK Councils to Receive Sweeping Planning Powers to Ban New Vape and Betting Shops
Russia’s A7 Builds a State-Linked Payments Network Beyond Western Sanctions
Hyper-Realistic Reborn Dolls Draw Collectors Seeking Comfort and Craft
Gen Z Cuts Back on Dating as a Night Out Nears $200
Patients Turn to Artificial Intelligence for Therapy as Psychiatrists Warn of Privacy and Clinical Risks
Couples Embrace ‘Sleep Divorce’ to Protect Rest and Reduce Tension
Meta Ordered to Pay $567 Million and Change Facebook and Instagram Safeguards for Children
Up to only 10 Months in Prison for Swedish Officer’s Murderer Sparks Anger
Success: Nvidia Turned Gaming Chips Into the Engine of the AI Boom
Jorge Messi, Lionel Messi’s Father and Longtime Agent, Dies at 68
AI’s Next Bottleneck Is Power, Not Just Nvidia Chips
Advertising trick: Pepsi’s Harrier Jet Commercial Led to a $700,000 Court Fight
Meta Raises AI Spending Target to as Much as $145bn Despite Pressure Over Returns
Danube Drought Exposes Nazi Wrecks and Pushes Central Europe’s Power System to the Brink
Joe Biden’s Cancer Has Spread Beyond His Bones, Hunter Biden Says
Air Traffic Control Outage Grounded Flights Across the Midwest
Why 2027 Could Be a Strong Year for Stocks—and Why the Forecast Is Fragile
Why Markets May Look Quiet in August After Big Tech Earnings
Australian Crew Evacuates Seriously Ill American From Antarctica in Midwinter Darkness
Trump’s Top General Seeks an Exit Strategy From Iran War, Report Says
Brock Lesnar Retires From Wrestling, Closing a Career of Rare Athletic Range and Lasting Controversy
Trump-Era Policy Shifts Test the Boundaries of U.S. Institutions
UK Drought Cuts Harvests and Raises Food-Security Fears
UFO: Pentagon Releases Video of Unidentified Object Tracked Over Middle East
US Health Secretary: “I’m Not Afraid of Germs — I Used to Snort Cocaine Off Toilet Seats”
Ukraine Tells Senate Republicans Its Drone War Offers a Blueprint for America
×