The Minister made the announcement during the Government's latest COVID-19 update tonight, August 17, 2020, noting that the cases remain mild and that the individuals have been placed in quarantine.
Hon Malone said, "Please note that both patients have recently returned to the Territory, quarantined and in accordance with the established health protocols were tested at the end of their 14-day quarantine period.
"Both persons will remain in isolation while they will be monitored, administered the necessary treatment services and thereafter, tested by the BVI Health Services Authority until recovered."
He said the VI's border control measures continue to work for the Territory, by quickly identifying and limiting the possibility of person to person transmission of the virus.
So far, according to the Minister, 1890 persons have been tested and 6 additional results are pending.
He also said Government is probing reports of illegal trafficking of persons at VI's borders.
"If this is so, my simple advice is to stop, it is dangerous, it is wrong, it could bring harm to the Territory," Hon Malone underscored.
Opportunities don't happen. You create them.