Beautiful Virgin Islands

Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026

William and Charles won't 'open their arms to Harry again as he crossed line'

William and Charles won't 'open their arms to Harry again as he crossed line'

As a result of the explosive Oprah Winfrey interview, the rift between Harry and William "will not be solved", with the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Charles in agreement over how to respond, claims a royal expert

Prince Charles and William will not open their arms to Harry again after the Duke of Sussex "crossed the line" with his Oprah interview, a royal expert has claimed.

Harry was said to be surprised by the frosty reception he received at Prince Philip's funeral weeks after he and Meghan Markle accused the Royal Family of racism.

As a result of the explosive interview, the rift between Harry and William "will not be solved", with the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Charles in agreement over how to respond.

Charlie Rae, a former royal editor at The Sun, told talkRADIO, he doesn't believe Charles and William "will be extending their open arms again to Harry".

Following Prince Philip's funeral, the formerly close brothers were seen sharing a few words as they left St George's Chapel.

Other members of the Royal Family reportedly gave the Duke of Sussex, who now lives in California after stepping away from official duties, a "frosty reception".

Prince William and Harry were reunited for the first time in more than a year at Prince Philip's funeral


TalkRADIO host Kevin O'Sullivan said: "We read that Harry was shocked by the frosty reception he got from some members of the Royal Family.

"Some literally turned their back on him. He was stunned by this - I'm not sure why that was a surprise to him.

"It must be occurring to him how frozen out he is, how he has turned his back on his former life.

"There is suggestion that when he came back a few weeks ago, he was reminded of his old life."

He added: "He felt rather nostalgic about it and he isn't so thrilled about his new circumstances as he wants you to believe."

Mr Rae responded: "Out in the US, Harry looks like a startled rabbit caught in the headlights.

"I believe that this is a problem that will never go away, it will not be solved.

"I do not believe that William and Charles will be extending their open arms again to Harry in the light of what he said.

"They slagged off Kate. I think it's too far now."

He added: "Why did he think he could come back for a funeral and expect everyone to throw their arms around him after he called them a bunch of racists?"

Mr O'Sullivan agreed, saying: "This guy crossed over line."

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle sat down for an explosive tell-all with Oprah Winfrey earlier this year


The well-publicised interview saw a pregnant Meghan accuse the Duchess of Cambridge of making her cry in the run-up to her 2018 wedding while Harry said his brother was "trapped" in The Firm.

Buckingham Palace has remained tight-lipped following the bombshell interview, which aired on March 8 in the UK, beyond the Queen's statement reiterating that any issues would be dealt with privately and short comment from William.

Shortly after the interview, Prince William told reporters during a public engagement "we are very much not a racist family".

In the immediate aftermath of the Sussexes' interview, Meghan's broadcaster pal Gayle King told CBS breakfast show The Morning that Harry had had unproductive phone calls with other royals.

Prince Harry was due to return to England in July to unveil a statue in memory of Princess Diana


It was hoped Harry and William could lay their feud to rest following the funeral but talks were said to be tense and royal sources told Vanity Fair's Katie Nicholl some in the Firm are concerned Harry and Meghan "want to keep fuelling the soap opera".

Prince Harry is due to return to the UK in July for the unveiling of a statue of his mother Princess Diana on what would have been her 60th birthday.

But royal expert and author Phil Dampier says he believes the Duke of Sussex is unlikely to travel without wife Meghan, who is expecting the couple's second child.

Newsletter

Related Articles

Beautiful Virgin Islands
0:00
0:00
Close
China’s Lifelike AI Humans Move From Livestreams Into Real-World Service Roles
Sarah Ferguson Reportedly Retreats to Late Ex-Boyfriend's Swiss Chalet
Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodríguez Sign Prenup Protecting Their Separate Fortunes
Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Renaissance Masterpieces From Sicilian Museum
Better.com Founder Who Fired 900 Employees on Zoom Is Ousted as CEO
Italian Speed Camera Issues Nearly 32,000 Fines in 10 Weeks, Worth More Than €3 Million
AI Manager at San Francisco Store Recommends Firing Human Employee
Google Launches Pixel 11 With Gemini AI at the Center of Its Hardware Strategy
Reform UK Unveils Plan to Cut Welfare Spending by More Than £50 Billion a Year
Prime Minister Andy Burnham Praised Extinction Rebellion for Doing a 'Great Service'
UK Wildfire Phone Alert Triggers Backlash as Users Switch Off Emergency Warnings
Heathrow Roads Reopen After Burst Water Main Floods Access to Terminals 2 and 3
Former NBA Players Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White Say They Will Enter 2027 WNBA Draft
Former Cambridge Professor Jason Arday Found Dead Days After Resigning Amid Plagiarism Row
US Appeals Court Rules AI Agent's Website Actions Are Legally Attributed to the User
France's Constitutional Council Blocks Social Media Ban for Children Under 15
Liechtenstein Changes Royal Succession Rules to Allow Women to Inherit the Throne
Women Allege Rape and Sexual Abuse at British Army College for Teenage Recruits
Minnesota: Two independent investigators posed as Muslims (one wearing a burqa) and showed how they could vote in elections without identification.
China’s Kimi Launches AI-Focused Credit Card With Agricultural Bank of China and American Express
Former Labour Adviser Arrested on Suspicion of Spying for China Held Privileged Access as Top Party Donor
Turkish Parliament Passes Landmark Bill Granting Conditional Amnesty to Disarmed PKK Members
Donald Trump Warns FIFA Against Ousting Gianni Infantino Amid Revolt by Global Football Leaders
Jeff Bezos Joins Investor Group Closing In on $6 Billion Liverpool FC Stake
UK Councils to Receive Sweeping Planning Powers to Ban New Vape and Betting Shops
Russia’s A7 Builds a State-Linked Payments Network Beyond Western Sanctions
Hyper-Realistic Reborn Dolls Draw Collectors Seeking Comfort and Craft
Gen Z Cuts Back on Dating as a Night Out Nears $200
Patients Turn to Artificial Intelligence for Therapy as Psychiatrists Warn of Privacy and Clinical Risks
Couples Embrace ‘Sleep Divorce’ to Protect Rest and Reduce Tension
Meta Ordered to Pay $567 Million and Change Facebook and Instagram Safeguards for Children
Up to only 10 Months in Prison for Swedish Officer’s Murderer Sparks Anger
Success: Nvidia Turned Gaming Chips Into the Engine of the AI Boom
Jorge Messi, Lionel Messi’s Father and Longtime Agent, Dies at 68
AI’s Next Bottleneck Is Power, Not Just Nvidia Chips
Advertising trick: Pepsi’s Harrier Jet Commercial Led to a $700,000 Court Fight
Meta Raises AI Spending Target to as Much as $145bn Despite Pressure Over Returns
Danube Drought Exposes Nazi Wrecks and Pushes Central Europe’s Power System to the Brink
Joe Biden’s Cancer Has Spread Beyond His Bones, Hunter Biden Says
Air Traffic Control Outage Grounded Flights Across the Midwest
Why 2027 Could Be a Strong Year for Stocks—and Why the Forecast Is Fragile
Why Markets May Look Quiet in August After Big Tech Earnings
Australian Crew Evacuates Seriously Ill American From Antarctica in Midwinter Darkness
Trump’s Top General Seeks an Exit Strategy From Iran War, Report Says
Brock Lesnar Retires From Wrestling, Closing a Career of Rare Athletic Range and Lasting Controversy
Trump-Era Policy Shifts Test the Boundaries of U.S. Institutions
UK Drought Cuts Harvests and Raises Food-Security Fears
UFO: Pentagon Releases Video of Unidentified Object Tracked Over Middle East
US Health Secretary: “I’m Not Afraid of Germs — I Used to Snort Cocaine Off Toilet Seats”
Ukraine Tells Senate Republicans Its Drone War Offers a Blueprint for America
×