Beautiful Virgin Islands

Saturday, Aug 22, 2026

X-FILES Pentagon releases 1,500 pages of secret documents about shadowy UFO programme after four year battle

X-FILES Pentagon releases 1,500 pages of secret documents about shadowy UFO programme after four year battle

THE PENTAGON has released 1,574 pages of real-life X-Files related to its secretive UFO programme after a four-year battle.

The Sun Online first requested a copy of all "files, reports or video files" related to the Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program (AATIP) on December 18, 2017.

Letter from the Defense Intelligence Agency confirming it is releasing 1,574 pages of files

Video taken by Navy pilots showing interactions with “unidentified aerial phenomena”.

Video of the infamous 'Tic Tac' encounter near the USS Nimitz in 2004


We filed an a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) just days after the existence of the shadowy programme had been made public.

Finally after more than four years, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) released more than 1,500 documents.

It includes government commissioned scientific reports and letters to the Pentagon regarding the UFO programme.

The haul includes reports into research on the biological effects of UFO sightings on humans, sets out categorisations for paranormal experiences, and studies into sci-fi-style tech.

The DIA, the Department of Defense's spy arm, said "some portions" of the documents "must be withheld in part" due to privacy and confidentiality concerns.

But the agency added the "DIA has not withheld any reasonably segregable non-exempt portions of the records".

The bombshell Freedom of Information haul includes reports on the DIA's research into the biological effects of UFO sightings on humans.

And this includes burns, heart problems, sleep disturbances - and even bizarre occurrences such as "apparent abduction" and "unaccounted for pregnancy".

The report noted that often these injuries are related to electromagnetic radiation - and links them to "energy related propulsion systems".

And the report - prepared for the DIA - warns that such objects may be a "threat to United States interests".

Humans have been found to have been injured from "exposures to anomalous vehicles, especially airborne and when in close proximity", it reads.

The report added said it had 42 cases from medical files and 300 similar "unpublished" cases where humans had been injured after "anomalous" encounters.

AATIP was a secretive Pentagon programme that ran between 2007 and 2012 to study UFOs.

It was outed by former intelligence official turned whistleblower Luis Elizondo, who headed up the programme, back in 2017.

Bombshell videos of unexplained UFO sightings by US military personnel - investigated by AATIP - were also first published at the time.

The revelations on the programme marked a step change in the way the US talks about UFOs - now more commonly known as Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAPs).

And the phenomena has stepped from the fringe into a serious national security concern discussed by lawmakers, defence officials and even former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton.

One fascinating document included in an Acquisition Threat Support report, sets out how to categorise "anomalous behaviour" - with encounters with "ghosts, yetis, spirits, elves and other mythical/ legendary entities" classed as "AN3".

Seeing a UFO with aliens on board would be "CE3".

Poltergeists, crop circles, spontaneous human combustion, alien abductions and other paranormal events are also categorised.

Studies into advanced technologies such as invisibility cloaks and mind controlled robots are also included in the document cahce.

Other documents obtained include studies into communicating with alien civilisations and plans for deep space exploration and colonization.

Luis Elizondo headed up AATIP for the Pentagon

US Senator Harry Reid was key to setting up AATIP

Letter from Senator Harry Reid stating that the findings of the programme demand "extraordinary protection"


The slew of newly released documents contains letters from Senator Harry Reid - who asks for the project to be classed as top secret - and documents about contractors.

It shows how a contract was awarded to Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BLASS) for $12 million - notably the only contractor to bid for the work - to study "advanced aerospace weapon threats from the present out to 40 years in the future".

In one 2009 letter Senator Reid describes how the programme has already identified "several highly sensitive, unconventional aerospace technologies" which required "extraordinary protection".

His request for "restricted special access program" for the BLASS work was rejected by DIA officials.

Last year, the Pentagon released its long awaited report into what it knows about a series of mysterious flying objects that have been observed in military airspaces over the last two decades.

The report, released on the website of the Office of the Director for National Intelligence, examined 144 reports of encounters with what the government deemed "unidentified aerial phenomenon."

It comes as the Pentagon is opening a new office to investigate UFOs, their origins and attempts to "capture or exploit" one of the mysterious craft after an amendment to a defence bill tabled in the US Senate.

The dedicated unit is called the Anomaly Surveillance and Resolution Office (ARSO).

It will probe whether or not the strange craft that have been reportedly buzzing the US military are unknown technology from Russia and China or potentially something more alien.

The Pentagon UFO programme AATIP ran from 2007 to 2012


The files were released by the Defense Intelligence Agency - the spy arm of the Department of Defense

Newsletter

Related Articles

Beautiful Virgin Islands
0:00
0:00
Close
Petrol Bombs Set Luxury Cars Alight Outside Birmingham Wedding as Police Hunt Three Men
Bitcoin Surges Toward $80,000 as Short Squeeze and ETF Inflows Ignite Crypto Rally
Twenty-Nine US States Take Meta to Trial Over Alleged Child Addiction on Instagram and Facebook
Former Scottish National Party Executive Peter Murrell Jailed for Five Years Over £400,000 Embezzlement
Moderna and Merck's Personalized Cancer Vaccine Succeeds in Historic Late-Stage Melanoma Trial
Prince Harry and Meghan to Move Back to Britain With Their Children
England and Wales Have Fewer Than 1,800 Prison Places Left for Men
Suspected People Smuggler Arrested After Investigation Identified Him
Children's Doctors Warn That Vaping Can Lead Young People to Smoking
Hundreds of Thousands of Students Receive GCSE and Vocational Results Across England, Wales and Northern Ireland
Here Is What Can Never Happen in Your Country: Taiwan Is Giving Money to All Its People Because It Collected Too Much Tax
UK Inflation Rises to 2.9% as Energy Bills Jump
UK Issues New Conduct Guide for Asylum Seekers on Consent and Respect
A Sleepless Night on Wall Street: Nasdaq to Begin Nearly Round-the-Clock Trading
"The First in the World": 69-Year-Old Protested Artificial Intelligence—and Went to Jail
Ukraine's Ousted Defence Minister Calls for Wartime Presidential Election
China’s Lifelike AI Humans Move From Livestreams Into Real-World Service Roles
Sarah Ferguson Reportedly Retreats to Late Ex-Boyfriend's Swiss Chalet
Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodríguez Sign Prenup Protecting Their Separate Fortunes
Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Renaissance Masterpieces From Sicilian Museum
Better.com Founder Who Fired 900 Employees on Zoom Is Ousted as CEO
Italian Speed Camera Issues Nearly 32,000 Fines in 10 Weeks, Worth More Than €3 Million
AI Manager at San Francisco Store Recommends Firing Human Employee
Google Launches Pixel 11 With Gemini AI at the Center of Its Hardware Strategy
Reform UK Unveils Plan to Cut Welfare Spending by More Than £50 Billion a Year
Prime Minister Andy Burnham Praised Extinction Rebellion for Doing a 'Great Service'
UK Wildfire Phone Alert Triggers Backlash as Users Switch Off Emergency Warnings
Heathrow Roads Reopen After Burst Water Main Floods Access to Terminals 2 and 3
Former NBA Players Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White Say They Will Enter 2027 WNBA Draft
Former Cambridge Professor Jason Arday Found Dead Days After Resigning Amid Plagiarism Row
US Appeals Court Rules AI Agent's Website Actions Are Legally Attributed to the User
France's Constitutional Council Blocks Social Media Ban for Children Under 15
Liechtenstein Changes Royal Succession Rules to Allow Women to Inherit the Throne
Women Allege Rape and Sexual Abuse at British Army College for Teenage Recruits
Minnesota: Two independent investigators posed as Muslims (one wearing a burqa) and showed how they could vote in elections without identification.
China’s Kimi Launches AI-Focused Credit Card With Agricultural Bank of China and American Express
Former Labour Adviser Arrested on Suspicion of Spying for China Held Privileged Access as Top Party Donor
Turkish Parliament Passes Landmark Bill Granting Conditional Amnesty to Disarmed PKK Members
Donald Trump Warns FIFA Against Ousting Gianni Infantino Amid Revolt by Global Football Leaders
Jeff Bezos Joins Investor Group Closing In on $6 Billion Liverpool FC Stake
UK Councils to Receive Sweeping Planning Powers to Ban New Vape and Betting Shops
Russia’s A7 Builds a State-Linked Payments Network Beyond Western Sanctions
Hyper-Realistic Reborn Dolls Draw Collectors Seeking Comfort and Craft
Gen Z Cuts Back on Dating as a Night Out Nears $200
Patients Turn to Artificial Intelligence for Therapy as Psychiatrists Warn of Privacy and Clinical Risks
Couples Embrace ‘Sleep Divorce’ to Protect Rest and Reduce Tension
Meta Ordered to Pay $567 Million and Change Facebook and Instagram Safeguards for Children
Up to only 10 Months in Prison for Swedish Officer’s Murderer Sparks Anger
Success: Nvidia Turned Gaming Chips Into the Engine of the AI Boom
Jorge Messi, Lionel Messi’s Father and Longtime Agent, Dies at 68
×